This Privacy Statement covers the treatment of personally identifiable information that the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA) collects when you access or register as a user of the Investment Promotion Network (IPAnet), the FDI Xchange, PrivatizationLink or PrivatizationLink Russia information.
The specific practices outlined in this privacy statement apply to Web sites maintained by or on behalf of the Investment Marketing Services Department of MIGA.
MIGA’s Web pages contain links to Web sites outside MIGA. MIGA is providing these links only as a convenience. The presence of these links or any MIGA Web site is not intended to imply MIGA endorsement of that site, but to provide a convenient link to relevant sites which are managed by other organizations, companies or individuals. Please be aware that when you follow a link to another site, you are then subject to the privacy policies of the new site.
Information Collection and Use
- MIGA may collect personally identifiable information when you register for the Investment Promotion Network, FDI Xchange, PrivatizationLink or PrivatizationLink Russia. MIGA may also receive personally identifiable information from our marketing partners.
- If you use or receive MIGA’s services, before collecting personally identifying information, we will prominently disclose:
- why we are requesting the information;
- how it will be used; and
- how you may review or make corrections to any personally identifiable information about you.
- When you register to use one of MIGA’s online services, we may ask for a variety of information, which may include your name, email address, address, title, fax number, phone number, region of focus, sector of focus, your organizational affiliation, its region of focus and its sector of focus and your investment information preferences. Once you register with one of MIGA’s Services, you are not anonymous to us.
- MIGA also automatically receives and records information on our server logs, including the date and time, the originating IP address, the type of browser and operating system used (if provided by the browser), the URL of the referring page (if provided by the browser), the object requested, the completion status of the request and MIGA cookie information (if applicable). MIGA uses information to customize the content you see, to fulfill your requests for certain products and services and to track and compile aggregate site usage statistics.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- MIGA will not sell, rent, disclose or transfer your personally identifiable information to anyone.
- In general, MIGA may disclose personally identifiable information about you to its marketing partners who are listed on our sites when:
- You have expressly consented to such sharing of the information;
- We need to share your information in order to provide the product or service you have requested; or
- We are required by law to do so pursuant to subpoenas, court orders or other legal process.
- You may also have the legal right in some jurisdictions to object to such disclosure.
- MIGA may set and access MIGA cookies on your computer.
Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- MIGA gives you the ability to edit your registration details and information preferences at any time.
- You may request deletion of your MIGA account. Requests will be honored within 72 hours of our receipt of the message.
- Your MIGA account information is password-protected for your privacy and security.
- In certain areas MIGA may employ industry-standard secure socket layer (SSL) encryption to protect data transmissions.